Brighter Places
Text Size |  A A A  | Accessibility 

Domestic Abuse

If you or a member of your household are suffering from domestic abuse, please contact us for support and advice.

Download our leaflet for more information on what to do.

Please dial 999 for the police if it is an emergency.  The police have dedicated teams to help sufferers of domestic abuse.

What should I do if I am suffering domestic abuse?

We recognise that it may be difficult to talk about domestic abuse.  We will offer you the support you need to get help.

  • You can contact our Tenancy Support Officer for advice and support.
  • Download our domestic abuse leaflet for information on how we can help and other services.
  • If you are a woman, contact the agency Next Link in Bristol or Survive in South Glos.
  • Contact the Bristol Domestic Abuse helpline (24 hour) on 0800 6949 999.
  • Contact your Housing Officer for further advice.
  • If you or your family are at risk of harm, contact the police on 999.
  • If you are hurt, go to a Hospital Casualty department
  • Complete an online form to let us know you would like some advice.

What can I do about housing?

Contact our Tenancy Support Officer or your Housing Officer to talk about your housing options.  We will work with other agencies like Next Link and Survive to make sure that you are safe.

What is domestic abuse?

Domestic abuse can be:

Physical - including being hit, kicked, or attacked

Emotional - being called names, put down or made to feel bad

Sexual - having to be sexual when you don't want to

Financial - when someone takes or controls your money

It can be actual or threatened behaviour.  It can be between partners, or ex-partners.  It can include abuse by one family member to another.

For more useful links, visit the Bristol City Council website.

Site map | Privacy Notice | Disclaimer
1, Newfoundland Court, St Paul Street, Bristol BS2 8AN
Designed by Synergy Creative. Developed by Solsoft.